sizing for competitions
Sizing for competitions
- open photoshop or elements
- bring up image for sizing
- go to image > image size
- in the pixel dimension change the size for landscape to max width 1600 pixels or in portrait format max height 1200 pixels. when sized click o.k.
- for landscape make height 1200 pixels for portrait where height is 1200 pixels make width 1600 pixels.
- if however your image will take it select crop tool and in dimensions on top bar put 1600px >1200px and resolution to your choice and crop. only use this if the picture will take a crop and not spoil it.
If you think a white stroke border will improve your image do the following before resizing.
- open image in photoshop.or elements
- ctrl a which puts marching ants round the image.
- edit > stroke > 2 pixels (you can put any size stroke if you want to).
- make sure the stroke colour is white. this is easiest by having your default colours black & white with white as the foreground colour
- click o.k.
- then resize as above.