Thursday was the first evening of our new summer programme, which is free and open to all. This week was a Macro shoot of exotic animals which were kindly provided by AJ Exotics of Lancaster. A fantastic evening was had by all, and below
are a few general shots of the evening. The next is a session on photography and editing skills on Thur 26th April. See the website calendar for more details.
Tomorrow evening is our final and most prestigious competition of the year, the annuals. Consisting of best colour, mono, nature, portrait and table top. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s fantastic images, I think the judge will have a tough job as the standard of images has been outstanding throughout this year. Good luck Everyone, should be an excellent evening 😊.
Thank you to William Oliphant for a fantastic talk on photoshop last Thursday. Everyone found it a very useful and informative evening. Don’t forget tomorrow (Sunday) is the last chance to submit images for the annuals. Please ask if you are unsure of anything.
Don’t forget this week entries for the annuals are due to the competition e-mail address by Sunday at the latest. Here is a reminder of what is eligible for entry and the categories, good luck everyone;
Annual Digital Image Competitions
This is the final competition of the season, and it is assumed that members will enter their most successful images from throughout the year. Categories include;
· Nature (may be colour or mono) max. of 2 images
· Colour Digital Image of the Year max. of 2 images
· Best Monochrome Image (may be any subject but will be judged on pictorial merit and not eligible for other sections) max. of 2 images
· Portraiture (Mono. or Colour Images – Animal portraits are not eligible for this award) max. of 2 images
· Table Top Image (Mono or Colour) max. of 2 images
· Best in show – The winning image from each section in the Annuals to go forward to be judged and the overall winner is awarded “Best in Show”
Many thanks to those who suggested themes for next year’s competitions – last night we drew out 7 (from the list of 33) – they are:
Tools of the Trade
Freezing motion (fast shutter speed)
Next season’s syllabus will indicate which subject will feature in which month.
Also – don’t forget to email entries for “Panel of Four” by Sunday night – an entry should consist of 4 related images in the normal competition format (max 1600 px wide/1200 pixels high), along with a composite that includes all four – if anyone is having trouble putting the composite together, just send Graham the 4 images