Don’t forget this week entries for the annuals are due to the competition e-mail address by Sunday at the latest. Here is a reminder of what is eligible for entry and the categories, good luck everyone;
Annual Digital Image Competitions
This is the final competition of the season, and it is assumed that members will enter their most successful images from throughout the year. Categories include;
· Nature (may be colour or mono) max. of 2 images
· Colour Digital Image of the Year max. of 2 images
· Best Monochrome Image (may be any subject but will be judged on pictorial merit and not eligible for other sections) max. of 2 images
· Portraiture (Mono. or Colour Images – Animal portraits are not eligible for this award) max. of 2 images
· Table Top Image (Mono or Colour) max. of 2 images
· Best in show – The winning image from each section in the Annuals to go forward to be judged and the overall winner is awarded “Best in Show”
Many thanks to those who suggested themes for next year’s competitions – last night we drew out 7 (from the list of 33) – they are:
Tools of the Trade
Freezing motion (fast shutter speed)
Next season’s syllabus will indicate which subject will feature in which month.
Also – don’t forget to email entries for “Panel of Four” by Sunday night – an entry should consist of 4 related images in the normal competition format (max 1600 px wide/1200 pixels high), along with a composite that includes all four – if anyone is having trouble putting the composite together, just send Graham the 4 images
Submit Images for Panel of 4 to Competition Secretary by the end of today The Panel of Four Competition are four images with a common story or theme. A summary image showing all four originals should also be provided. Images that have been in other competitions may be used in the panel.